Posted on Aug 18, 2008 | Comments 0
Are you planning to travel with newborn? Traveling with children is an overwhelming experience and traveling with new born is really a challenge.
Try to avoid the trip with the newborn babies, as it is very risky traveling with new born. If the trip is compulsory, then try to make some arrangements for making it as an easy task.
The newborns are very sensitive and are prone to many diseases. If proper care and arrangements are not made for the baby, then you are the one who is responsible for diseases and infections which newborns face.
Many baby experts suggest that traveling with a baby less than 3 months age is very risky for the baby’s health. So, make sure that your baby age is more than 3 months for healthy traveling. As you have decided to plan a trip with your newborn, follow some basic rules for making the trip successful and pleasing for you and your baby too.
Tips to travel with newborn:
- The first basic tip to follow while traveling with the baby is to stay alert and conscious always about the surroundings. Make sure that the place where your baby resides is the safest place you can provide to the baby. Safe places can avoid unnecessary accidents to happen.
- Always carry the basic first aid kit with you when traveling with new born. If you are not well prepared with the first aid kit and your new born gets hurt, then this is going to be a big issue for you and the baby too. The first aid kit will help you to look after the minor accidents that your baby come across while traveling.
- Consult your travel agent or the hotel manager and note down the important number around the place you are residing. If some accidents take place, you should not run for numbers and waste your time. Being prepared is the best method to avoid accidents to happen.
- If you are traveling to a hot place, see hat you pack all the necessary arrangements which make the traveling easier for you. Pack a hat and sunscreen lotions for baby, as baby can get sunburns very soon because of their sensitive skins. If you are traveling to a cold place, then pack snuggly warm clothes for making the baby comfortable.
- Do not forget to pack some baby toys. You need not dump your luggage with different toys; make sure that the toys you pack add entertainment to the baby. However, packing of some toys does not make the traveling boring for your baby and keep him/her busy in the activity.
- Remember to pack a changing pad for your baby. See that the changing pad fits in the diaper bag. If the place you are residing does not have any changing table, you need to place your baby of dirty surface where germs reside. By packing a changing pad, you can avoid the worry of placing your baby on dirty surfaces.
- Bring an extra storage cover which is sealed for placing dirty diapers of the baby. While traveling overseas, everyone must have faced the problem of smelly diapers while transportation.
The main thing to remember while traveling with new born is that every thing goes slower and you should be bit patience. But remember one thing; traveling with a newborn baby is easier than travelling with children or toddlers.
Posted in: TRAVEL ESSENTIALS