Posted on Nov 12, 2009 | Comments 1
If you absolutely have to fly with your pet you will need to take every precaution possible.
It is advisable not to fly with your dog unless they are a teacup size. [Travelling with pets]
If your dog is a teacup size they will be able to ride in the cabin of the airplane with you.
If your dog is medium to large sized they will have to ride in the cargo area.
We have some tips to keep your dog as safe as possible if this is your only option. You should know that airlines treat any animals that are boarded just like they treat the luggage in the cargo area.
Consider driving or taking the Amtrak. These are better options for both you and your canine companion.
- If you have to fly take direct flights.
- Visit your pet’s vet before you leave for your flight.
- Notify the captain and at least one flight attendant that your pet is traveling on that plane.
- Make sure your pet’s collar cannot get caught in the kennel.
- As soon as you land examine your pet for any injuries.
Posted in: TRAVEL TIPS