Posted on Jan 25, 2008 | Comments 0
Traveling can be an interesting activity for everyone. Everybody feels happy and enjoy the moments of traveling.
Sometimes traveling tips can be necessary so that everybody should take care that traveling should not be a problematic one.
In order to achieve this, one should follow basic travel tips.
These travel tips will help you in a long way to ensure your own safety and also of your family and gear.
- One of the important travel tips is bring all the essential papers with you. You should always keep the photocopy of your passport, credit cards and driving license with you. Also, bring your vehicle insurance and health insurance papers with you.
- Don’t mention your home address on your luggage bags. If you are traveling on business purpose, mention your company address. If you are traveling to meet your friend then mention your friend’s address.
- Change your schedule everyday. Avoid going out and coming at the same time everyday.
- The most important one among the travel tip is, you need to register your travel with the State Department. In cases of emergency or if you stuck in any problem, you can contact them.
- Ensure that your prescribed medications are labeled accurately and filled properly. Keep some necessary medicines with you, because some prescribed medications are forbidden in some countries.
- Keep in mind that while traveling, don’t wear expensive gold chains, rings and watches. It is better to keep your jewelry at home. Also, avoid bringing excess cash and signed checks with you.
- While traveling, keep one or two credit cards with you. Also, be aware of the credit limit of the credit cards that you keep with you.
- Do not exchange your money with black marketers. It is better to exchange through authorized agents. Immediately report to the authorities in case of any theft.
- Do not hire unmarked taxi cabs for traveling.
- In case of international travel, I suggest you to travel in a cruise or with a group. If you want to travel by road, it is better to rent a car. Always lock the car doors when you are not in. Look for a car which is essential for your safety and comfort. Avoid drunken driving.
- Particularly, women should not at all accept the drinks given by a stranger. Always keep a gaze at your drink.
- While traveling you must be very cautious. Use your sense and instinct during your travel. You must beware of pick pocketers. Avoid going on unsafe roads and politically tensed locations. In hotel rooms, you should keep yourself safe as on the roads.
- Always keep emergency phone numbers with you.
- Avoid meeting with guests in your hotel room.
- If you have the diseases like diabetes, blood pressure and heart attack then you should travel with utmost care.
While traveling, always remember that your safety is mainly your own lookout. Always be very careful while driving and follow the road rules. I am sure that these travel tips will keep you safe in any area.
Posted in: TRAVEL TIPS