L.A. is not only a destination; it is a California state of mind. Home to the rich, beautiful and shallow, it is chockfull of things to see and do.
Great dining options and fantastic shopping venues along with learning about the movie and television industry is what makes L.A. a vacation getaway that is exciting and fun to explore.
- Take a Cruise on Sunset Boulevard– Cruising along Sunset Boulevard is something every first time visitor to Los Angeles should do. You will pass by everything that L.A. is famous for such as hotels, studios and nightclubs you’ve only read about in the magazines. This famous roadway will give you an overview of the city and its environs.
- Spend the Day in Downtown Los Angeles– Ethnic culture is in abundance when you spend the day browsing the downtown area of L.A. Tour the Walt Disney Concert Hall, Museum of Contemporary Art or shop at the Grand Central Market. Check out Chinatown and munch on some dim sum or cruise Olvera Street where you can pick up some bargain handcrafts from Mexico.
- Take a Tour of the Getty Center- If you haven’t had your fill of opulence then head to the Getty Center. It is a cultural arena that includes a museum where J. Paul Getty’s private art collection is housed. See the breathtaking views of Los Angeles from high atop the building and enjoy basking in the postmodern garden.
- Beach Bumming It- A trip to Los Angeles would not be complete if you didn’t check out the beaches. Decide whether you want to visit trendy Malibu where you may get a glimpse of the stars, Venice Beach where you can see bodybuilders pumping iron and Manhattan Beach to see surfer dudes and dudettes hanging 10. For those with families, head out to Zuma Beach.
- Cruising the Pacific Coast– If you are hiring a car when in Los Angeles, try and get yourself a convertible so that you can cruise the Pacific coast with the wind whipping through your hair as the sun beats gently down upon you. Southern Californians will tell you this is the quintessential experience that even they love to do every now and again. Drink in the magnificent views as the tangy, salt air tickles your nose and be sure you stop along the way at the Santa Monica pier.