Louisiana is a state located in the southern region of the United States and reflects the amalgamation of American, African, and French culture. Also, whether you visit during Mardi Gras or during any time of the year, you can enjoy boating, fishing, kayaking or canoeing on any of the many waterways or along the Gulf of Mexico. You can head to New Orleans for the traditional Cajun meals and get a taste of history. You can also take water tour to see crocodiles and all the wildlife. This state always has new things to offer. Here are the top must see attractions in Louisiana:
- French Quarter: This area is known for different influences such as European, African, Caribbean and American. This is the oldest neighbourhood in the city of New Orleans and you get to experience different cultures coming together in various forms like shopping, music, dancing and exquisite dining adventures. Every visitor must take the French Quarter Tours du Jour to learn more about the history and culture of Louisiana.
- Mardi Gras Tour: Mardi Gras, which is also called Fat Tuesday or Shrove Tuesday, reflects the ritual of the last night that means eating spicier, fatty foods just before the fasting ritual of Lenten season. It is most widely known around the world for the greatest parade called the Mardi Gras. In this festival, you get to learn about the history of it along with a lot of fun.
- Avery Island: This Island is located at about 140 miles from the New Orleans which is the home of the world famous Tobasco sauce. This island is surrounded marshes and swamps. The McIlhenny family here along with their employees have been working for past many generations. You can even get Avery Island walking tour through which you’ll be able to witness the entire process of making Tobasco sauce, which is a marvellous sight.
- Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve: At the Jean Lafitte Park you will get the chance to enjoy New Orleans rich cultural side. Everything about Cajun traditions in their purest form can be learned her from the people who have actually lived these traditions. A day here at Jean Lafitte Park is physically challenging, but you get to have a spiritually and intellectually engaging day.
- Honey Island Swamp Tour: This is a place for people who love extreme adventures. If you are one of them then you are going to love taking a thrilling journey into the swamplands of Louisiana. This place is known for their least altered river swamps. One of the best highlights of this tour is the boat ride. You will get to see a lot if wildlife in this area. There are alligators, deer and wolves, which might come into view anytime on the tour.
The warm climate and warmer people of Louisiana will always make you come back for another tour. Visit Louisiana and have fun visiting the greatest attractions of this place.