Albufeira, on the southern coast of Portugal, is a lively beach town offering a range of hotels, restaurants, bars, shops and day trips. It is a really popular holiday destination for families, young people and couples. The nearest airport is Faro, which serves the whole Algarve region, and is just 35km away from Albufeira.
Travelling between Faro Airport and Albufeira is easy to do, and there are a few different options to choose from, so you can pick the Faro to Albufeira transfer which suits you best.
- The easiest and fastest way to get to Albufeira is to hop in a taxi. The driver will take to right to the door of your accommodation and there’s no waiting around for schedules or other passengers. You don’t have to worry about directions or traffic and you can take in the scenery as you sit back and relax. The journey takes around 45 minutes, and the fare is approximately £50 one way, depending on which part of Albufeira you need to get to.
- For a special, celebratory trip, you can travel in style by booking a private luxury car. The driver will greet you in the arrivals hall and take you and your luggage straight to a waiting, upgraded vehicle. With a little more space than the average taxi, you will be transported in comfort straight to your hotel. Go on, spoil yourself and your loved one and start your vacation with a little touch of luxury.
- Hiring a car is a good option if you enjoy your independence. You can rent a vehicle to suit your needs at the airport, and drive yourself to your destination in your own time. Hire the car for just a few days, or have it for the duration of your stay so you can explore the beautiful Algarve and all it has to offer. This is a good choice if you are staying in a villa for your holiday, or you have a larger party of people. There are many rental car companies operating from Faro Airport, and you can select the best fit for your budget by comparing online. You can book from a small economy car for 4 passengers right up to 9-seater mini van, so you’ll be able to find exactly the right vehicle for your individual circumstances.
- A shuttle transfer is a really convenient way to reach Albufeira. These are straightforward to arrange and reasonably priced. Expect to pay roughly £25 per person return, and the journey time is approximately an hour. You can often book a seat with Wi-Fi access for an additional fee too if you wish.
- The cheapest way to get from Faro Airport to Albufeira is by bus, but this way of travelling is not the most convenient. Firstly, you need to catch the number 14 or 16 Eva bus to Faro bus terminal, then board another bus to Albufeira. Allowing for a wait between buses, the whole journey takes around 2 hours and costs less that £10 per person each way. If you’re budget conscious and can spare the extra travel time, then this is a good option for you.