Grand Canyon is a canyon formed by the Colorado River and is located in the state of Arizona in the United States. This is a very famous tourist destination mainly because of its unique formations of the red rock which give us a sense of the natural miracles. It is a great place to visit with your family and unlike for any other place, there are some important tips you need to follow for a family vacation to Grand Canyon so that you have a safe and enjoyable holiday. Read below:
- Plan the vacation according to everyone’s schedule. Make sure that your kids are not missing out on anything important at school or in other activities.
- It is best to go to the South Rim, North Rim, Sky Bridge and Havasu falls if you are with your family. This is because these are the spots which host a lot of family oriented activities like visits to the Havasu American Reservation and others.
- Plan your trip according to a specific budget. Include the cost for travelling, food, park passes and stay. Also include some extra costs for the park activities, camera fees, and other entry fees to different places. Shopping can also be a very important expense to count for.
- Plan the mode of transport which you are going to use. The nearest airports are Phoenix Sky Harbor International airport and Las Vega McCarran International Airport. After you arrive to one of these by flight, you will further need to hire a car or take a train to reach the Grand Canyon. So, plan your itinerary accordingly.
- Book your hotels and lodging well in advance. When you are on a family vacation, you need to take care of everyone’s comfort, especially if you have young children. Hence, to avoid last moment constraints like unavailability of rooms, it is better to book the hotels as early as you can. This will also give you a chance to avail some early bird booking offers.
- Check for the activities which are available during the time of your visit. This is because some activities are only seasonal. To get information about this, you can visit the Grand Canyon National Park Website so that you get the information about lodge reservations, park timings, rules and regulations and activities like mule riding which are conducted by the park.
- Plan your tour in the off season in order to save money as majority of the facilities like car rents, lodging and restaurants charge high prices during the high tourist season and offer various discounts and deals when there is an off season.
- Read the rules and regulations of the park carefullyso that you ensure complete safety of your family, especially if you have young kids.
Keep these tips as a checklist for your family vacation to Grand Canyon and you are surely going to have an enjoyable, safe and a memorable vacation to a wonderful location.