Posted on Sep 08, 2010 | Comments 0
There are dozens of excellent reasons to visit the wonderful country of Brazil, but these are five of the best.
1. Brazil has 17 UNESCO World Heritage sites to visit. These include the Iguacu National Park, which features one of the largest and most spectacular waterfalls in the world and the 17th century ruins of the Sao Miguel das Missoes Jesuit mission.
2. The Amazon rainforest is one of the most amazing areas in the world to witness a wide variety of wildlife and plant species. It’s the largest rainforest on the planet and almost covers half the country.
3. Rio de Janeiro is the second biggest city in the nation, but is often considered to be the best for fun and adventure.
It features a thriving nightlife, excellent shopping, and beautiful beaches. It’s home to several famous festivals and carnivals as well as the Tijuca, which is the biggest urban forest in the world.
4. The country has over 4,000 miles of breathtaking coastline, which means you’re never far away from a hot sandy beach and various types of water sports.
5. The country is football-mad and its five World Cup championships are a record. The sport is a huge part of Brazil’s culture and the nation is preparing to host the 2014 World Cup tournament, where it will attract hundreds of thousands of visitors.
Posted in: TRAVEL DESTINATIONS