Posted on Apr 14, 2009 | Comments 0
Adventure vacations denote off-the-beaten path destinations and exotic excursions not normally engaged by average tourists.
Probably one of the most exciting adventure destinations is the Amazon rainforests, located in Brazil and Peru.
This pristine locale is a haven for those thrill-seekers, young and old alike, seeking an exceptional and fun-filled holiday not possible anywhere else.
The following are some examples of the jungle activities and excursions that can be done on your Amazon adventure vacation:
- Hike and explore the vast pristine rainforest with very experienced jungle guides.
- Go on extensive birding excursions by canoe and hikes.
- Canoe pristine black- and white-water rivers, streams and oxbow lakes.
- Frolic with pink dolphins.
- Fish for Peacock bass, piranha, Armored catfish, arawana, and paco among other species by day or night. If a hook and line is not your choice, try spear fishing.
- Learn jungle survival techniques from the local jungle people.
- Search for many species of monkeys and large snakes.
- Camp for one day or several. Live off the land or take supplies with you.
- Go night canoeing with an eye for caimans, Night herons, Potoos and other nocturnal animals.
- Go nighttime birding, looking for species such as the Tropical screech owls, Pygmy owls, and Ladder-tail nightjars.
- See the night sky without light pollution, the way it was meant to be seen and enjoyed.
- Go on photography and video expeditions.
- Search for the big cats in the forest such as the slinky ocelots and the ever-elusive jaguar.
- Visit the local river people and their villages.
Posted in: TRAVEL DESTINATIONS