Posted on Apr 13, 2009 | Comments 1
Now that spring has arrived many families are dragging out the travel brochures and beginning to think about fun getaway possibilities.
However, with the current state of the economy many people are wondering how they can scale back their family vacations plan and save money on their trip.
Fortunately, there are many ways you can save money and still have a good time.
The following tips should help you enjoy a fun and relaxing vacation without breaking the bank.
- Stay Close to Home: Rather than traveling across the country or overseas, you can save a lot of money by staying close to home. This doesn’t mean you should stay in your own town, but limit your destination to within 200-400 miles and you can save a lot of money. When traveling this close you can drive and eliminate the cost for flights.
- Rent a Personal Residence Rather than Staying at Hotels: In most vacation destinations you can rent personal residences. When compared to the cost of a hotel these options are often very comparable. By staying in a private residence you can also eliminate the stress of keeping the kids quiet. Let them play and have fun without having to worry about disturbing the neighbors. You may even be able to find a home with a private pool.
- Book In Advance: If you have time to book in advance you can often save a great deal of money on your travel reservations. Most locations will offer special deals for those who book during off peak months. You can often find a great deal on an all inclusive cruise. Look for trips aboard a Disney cruise ship and you will be a hit with your family.
- Look for Last Minute Deals: If you don’t have a preference on the location you travel to you can find excellent last minute deals. Look to travel websites that offer last minute deals you can book a week to two in advance. You may not get to choose the location you have been dreaming of but you can find many popular destinations at deep discounts.
- Look for Kid Friendly Deals: If you will be traveling with kids look for hotels, attractions, and restaurants that offer special deals for children. Many places offer kids stay, eat, or play for free with a paid adult. Many theme or amusement parks will offer special deals for children.
- Look For Free Activities: There are many things you can enjoy on your vacation that will not cost a lot of money. Consider things like hiking, swimming, fishing, or visiting national monuments. In most cases these activities are either free or available for a very low fee and provide great entertainment for a family.
As you can see there are many ways you can cut the cost of your upcoming family vacation trip[Vacation ideas]. With a little creativity you will find that your vacation can be a lot of fun without an expensive price tag.
After all, your vacation should be more about enjoying time with your family and friends rather than spending a month’s salary.
Posted in: VACATION PLANNINGFeedbox