Most of you have a habit of traveling with your much-loved cat, dog or some other pet.
There is a lot to think about before taking your pet away and you need to make all the arrangements before booking for your holiday travel.
The first thing you need to do while traveling with your pet is make sure that pets are allowed to your destination.
There are various safety precautions, which you need to consider while traveling with animals. They include: vaccination, identification, proper understanding about the rules and regulation of the area you are going to visit and catering your pet’s requirements.
Traveling with pets need same care and attention as traveling with your children. Don’t get confused in what to pack for your pet. Here is the list of items which you need to pack while traveling with pets.
Must have items when you are traveling with pets:
- Health certificate
- Certificates of inoculations
- International permission
- Approved shipping carrier
- Food and water bowels
- A disposable litter box
- Leash or lead
- An I.D. tag with the pet’s name and your address along with phone number
- Plastic bags
- A chew toy
- Pet’s bathing accessories
- Favorite toys of your pet and any other playing things
- Pet guard if necessary
In order to make sure that you and your pet enjoy the travel and tour together, check whether:
- Your pet has the appropriate travel identification
- You have got the correct transport limits for your pet
- Your pet is used to travel in an automobile
- You have the right first-aid kit for your pet in case of any emergency
- Your pet vaccinations are up to date for flea prevention
Summer is a great time to enjoy the tour with your pets at outdoors. Sometimes dogs and cats may be susceptible to motion sickness similar to human beings. So, take all the prescription medications from your veterinarian.
In order to secure your pet while traveling in car, you need to consider restraints. For pets like dogs, four wheel drives and fitted guards in wagons are ideal ones. You can also use a cage or harness which you can attach it to the seat belt.
Similarly, take your birds in their normal cages. Birds feel more comfortable in a similar environment.