Posted on Nov 26, 2009 | Comments 1
If you are pregnant and have to travel there are some things you need to think about and remember for the safety of you and your unborn child.
Many doctors will highly recommend not traveling in the third trimester while other doctors will tell you to live your normal routine because the baby will come when the baby thinks its time.
If you do choose to travel while you are pregnant there are some things to keep in mind for the safety of you and your baby. [Travel during pregnancy]
- Talk to your doctor or midwife before you travel and let them know your itinerary. The choice to travel is yours but they should know what is going on.
- Travel with all of your medical records and health information including a list of names and numbers for health care providers and your OBGYN or midwife.
- Make sure you have all your medications with you. Check and double check before you leave your home.
- Check your health insurance policy for loopholes or vital information in case something happens while you are traveling.
- Be prepared for the unexpected. Have a plan in case something happens with your pregnancy.
Posted in: TRAVEL TIPS