Meditation is the state of achieving deep inner peace when the mind is silent, calm but alert. It relieves stress and transforms a person to a higher level of awareness. It is certainly a state of thoughtlessness but at the same time the person meditating remains aware of his surrounding.
Meditation increases concentration, de stresses and offers a state of tranquillity and peace. A serene atmosphere helps considerably to focus and thereby helps in meditation. Enlisted below are some Asian destinations, which are very popular with the meditation lovers.
Some Popular Asian Destinations for Meditation Lovers are:
Ananda in the Himalayas, Uttaranchal, India
- The location: This 100-acre meditation centre situated in the foothills of the Himalayas, which was the residence of Maharajah of Tehri-Garhwal, is located at a height of 3,000 feet and has spectacular views of the Ganges River and the close by temple villages of Haridwar and Rishikesh. The facilities flaunted by this meditation centre include a 24,000-square-foot spa, yoga pavilions created in the gardens, several meditation rooms and the former maharajah’s palace, where now an elegant tea lounge and an antique billiards room is present.
- The practice: Meditation sessions are customized to each guest’s individual requirements. Sessions include yoga techniques of breathing and Buddhist teachings which can be conducted indoors or outside and such sessions last from an hour to an entire afternoon or morning at a stretch.
- The accommodations: This meditation centre has 78 posh rooms, villas, suites with huge windows for the splendid mountain views.
Muktawan 7 Day Meditation Retreat, Phuket, Thailand
- The location: Paradise Retreat is situated on the serene island of Koh Yao Noi which is perhaps among the best places on the Andaman Coast for meditation. It provides a forest ambience, a sanctuary for meditation, surrounded by splendid rolling hills and magnificent bays.
- The practice: Dhammakaya meditation is a type of practice that concentrates on the centre of the body as an entrance to superior consciousness. Buddhist monks guides the sessions.
- The accommodations: This meditation centre houses wooden cottages with shower facilities and bathrooms.
Osho Meditation Resort, Pune, India
- The location: This centre is a sprawling 40-acre campus near to Mumbai that houses exquisite Zen gardens, an impeccably designed meditation auditorium, seminar rooms inside flawlessly crafted pyramids, mini malls, nightclubs and tennis courts.
- The practice: Osho is reputed for its signature active meditation sessions along with silent, seated sessions. Power breathing, vocalizing, meditative dancing and whirling are also practiced here. During the meditation sessions, all guests wear dark robes which according to the founder of this centre, signifies collective meditative energy.
- The accommodations: These impressive meditation estate brags of 60 swank double rooms furnished with modern amenities but without TVs.
Neeleshwar Hermitage, Mangalore, India
- Location: This meditation retreat is situated in a palm grove area spanning across 12 acres of land. It comprises of meditation and yoga rooms, Ayurvedic wellness centre. A plush restaurant caters to the guests staying here and it offers mouth watering seafood and vegetarian dishes.
- Practice: Yoga and meditation sessions are held here along with the Ayurvedic treatments at the wellness centre. Cooking classes and sightseeing tours are also offered by this retreat.
- Accommodations: This includes palm thatched fishermen cottages made of laterite and wood.
If you want to combine exotic vacations of sightseeing, leisure with meditation sessions for the complete relaxation of your mind, body and soul, the above mentioned placid, idyllic destinations are among the best in Asia.