Posted on Jul 27, 2009 | Comments 1
Travelers that take along the entire family know that the kids love an amusement park.
In fact, lots of adults have a great time while they’re there too.
Between the rides, shows and tons of decadent goodies, a visit to an amusement park is usually a memorable experience.
- Disneyland is located in Anaheim and has been entertaining families since July 17th, 1955. It is the original theme park in the Disney Family and the only theme park that Walt Disney himself visited.
- Legoland is not a theme park like any other. It opened in 1999 and is located in Carlsbad. There are plenty of exhibitions and attractions such as Knights Tournament, the Block of Fame, the Kid Power Tower and the Sky Cruiser. If you have little ones take them on the Safari Trek ride. These are just a few of the thrilling adventures your children will enjoy when you visit Legoland.
- Other theme parks in California include, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Great America, SeaWorld San Diego and the infamous Universal Studios Hollywood. Most are located in various cities so check a map to see if it is feasible to visit.
- Florida Florida has a myriad of amusement and theme parks such as Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Downtown Disney, Epcot and Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom. These attractions can be found in Lake Buena Vista.Moving on to Orlando take in Aquatica, CityWalk Orlando, Discovery Cove, Universal Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios Florida. There is also a theme park in Tampa, Busch Gardens Africa and in Winter Haven is Cypress Gardens.
- Georgia is home to two amusement and theme parks. In Austell you can thrill to the exciting rides at Six Flags Over Georgia or head over to Valdosta for Wild Adventures. Boasting over one hundred rides and attractions it is fun for the whole family. Also included are animals and a water park.
If you do your research, there is practically a Six Flags in every state of America. In Massachusetts it is Six Flags New England, Missouri has Six Flags St. Louis, Maryland is the host of Six Flags America and Illinois is home to Six Flags Great America.
Going to an amusement park with the family makes for an exciting and thrilling day for the whole gang. Find out if there is one near where you are vacationing.
Posted in: TRAVEL DESTINATIONS