Posted on Apr 07, 2008 | Comments 0
Are you ready for a road trip? Most of the Americans will take millions of road trips every year.
Most of them love to travel by car and the most popular treks include: beach trips, visiting friends and family members and scenic drives.
You will get a doubt on what is scenic drive. This means there is something to see when you are driving, like mountains, an ocean or a valley.
Road trips are great for the whole family. Whether you have small children to teenage children, road trip with your kids can be adventurous. But one difficult thing when traveling with children of different ages is, it is hard to find something for everyone in the family.
But, sometimes when you are on the road, you won’t find anything to see. During those times, you get bored, so you need to keep busy yourself. Here are some ideas to keep you away from boring road trip:
- Listen to your favorite book on the tape or CD.
- Listen to music.
- Take travel games along with you. For example, checkers with magnetic pieces that won’t slip from your board while you are traveling, “20 questions”, etc.
- Sing silly songs that are too old for you.
- Loudly read a scary story or a mystery.
- Keep drawing book with you so that you can draw what you see outside the window or draw a picture of someone whom you know and your family identify.
- Maintain trip journal, in which you can write what you do on each day of your trip so that you can add photos based on the situation.
Care you need to take while you are on road trip:
- Take suitable travel budget along with you.
- Take 15 minutes break for every 2 hours on your road trip. This helps to keep you alert and fresh.
- Bring an emergency kit with you and it should include first-aid kit, flashlight, gloves, rope, jumper cables, and tire inflator.
- When you are traveling with your children, don’t forget to bring plenty of entertainment for your children. Travel games and toys can help to pass the time and reduce the chances of disturbances in your driving.
- Take plenty of food so that you don’t feel hungry during the trip.
Before leaving for road trip, make sure that you have the right amount and type of travel activities. But, the most important thing is you need to know how to structure those activities for maximum effectiveness.
Planning a road trip can save you great amount of money when compared to the flying cost with your family for the vacation destination [Family vacation].
Posted in: TRAVEL TIPS