Posted on Mar 10, 2010 | Comments 0
Here is a list of do’s and don’ts for when you’re traveling:
- Stock up on routine medical supplies; make sure that you have all the requisite vaccines. If there are any particular requirements for the place you are visiting, keep those in mind.
- Keep in mind that you may be jet lagged. Prepare for that as well as for altitude sickness if there are any high altitude destinations on the itinerary.
- Carry adequate sun block; sun burn can be painful and may require treatment. The long term problems of sun exposure such as skin cancer and premature aging are other reasons. Consider if there will be insects or animals where you go and be equipped accordingly.
- Be careful of drinking water wherever you go. Tap water is not suitable for drinking in many countries; and can cause more than just indigestion. Serious illnesses can result. Also keep in mind the ice that you use; inquire where and how it was made; sometimes ice can be a culprit even if you have been using bottled water.
- Be careful about what and where you eat. Sometimes salad may not be the best bet; they may not be properly washed and there could be contamination. The better bet is to make sure the meat and vegetables that you eat are properly cooked through. This eliminates most germs.
Posted in: TRAVEL TIPS