Nestled safely between Serra Da Bocaina Mountains and the beautiful sea, Rio de Janeiro is a lovely city which makes for a perfect tourist destination. The insanely pretty beaches, the beach parties, the chilled out atmosphere and plenty of warm hearted people make this place an absolutely delight.
There are plenty of opportunities to spend big money while you are in Rio de Janeiro and many ways you can go overboard with your budget as well. But if you are someone who is interested in having a budget trip to this city, then there are some things you will need to keep in mind. The following are some of the smart ways to travel to Rio de Janeiro on a budget.
- When it comes to eating, there are many budget restaurants and cafes where you can save big bucks on your meals. There are plenty of cheap and affordable bars and cafes on the beaches as well as several street food vendors where you don’t need to shell out the big bucks.
- Opt for food combos instead of going for individual meals whenever and wherever possible to avoid spending unnecessarily.
- Opt for sandwiches and burgers for meals rather than going for full blown meals during lunches and dinners.
- Avoid eating at your hotel restaurant and rather opt for eating out on the beaches.
- Rio de Janeiro is loaded with many budget accommodations where you really don’t have to pay high prices for your stay in the city.
- There are plenty of mid-range or economy hotels with beach views that you can book ahead of your trip. It is a better idea to compare different hotels online in advance to get the best deals and to save money on advanced booking.
Sights and Attractions
- Rio de Janeiro is full of pristine beaches, shacks and other simple attractions. Most of these attractions are free of cost and thus you must make the most of them.
- Avoid going to paid museums and churches and rather opt for the ones that are free so as to avoid further expenditures.
- The most famous attraction in Rio is ‘Christ the redeemer’ which stands atop Corcovado hill overlooking Rio.
- The statue costs you just $15 for the cable car facility and is an attraction that you must not miss.
Flights and Transportation
- One of the major costs for travelling to Rio is the flight cost. To save on the cost of the flight tickets, it is better to book as much in advance as possible. Check for flight deals and ticket rates on several websites and make your bookings only after comparing the options.
- Book your hotel in a central location so that you can avoid paying for taxi and bus rides every time you wish to travel to other places in the city.
- Book other attractions and activities too in advance to avail some attractive discounts and offers. Always consult a travel agent for the best prices.