Are you going on a business trip? Follow these tips to pack your luggage smartly and ensure you look professional.
Packing tips for business travel:
Choosing luggage bag:
- Choose a luggage bag and briefcase that looks professional.
- Select a suitcase that contains extendable handles.
- Choose firm bags, preferably with wheels, which are easy to carry and ensure your luggage is neatly packed.
Dresses and Accessories:
- List the items you want to pack. Pack travel essentials like business suits, causal wear and underwear.
- Roll up t-shirts, skirts and ties. Start from the bottom end of the shirt and roll it tightly, leaving the collar unfolded.
- Roll up jeans by keeping their legs symmetrical.
- Stuff socks into shoes to save space.
- Choose ties in dark colors to match all suits. Choose natural fabrics like cotton, wool and silk.
- If you’re female, take simple metal jewelry for light elegance.
- Choose neutral colors for mixing and matching instead.
- Pack a warm jacket. Carry watertight plastic covers if you ought to land up with wet clothes.
- Pack underwear for each travel day and an extra pair in your handbag.
- Buy travel-size toiletries and keep them in a waterproof sealable bag.
- Carry face wash and wet napkins in your shoulder bag. Use a plastic bag with a zip lock.
- Pack essential make-up items like eye shadow, facial cream and lipstick.
- Pack a briefcase or an official bag for business travel.
- Pack documents, papers and other essential work materials in your briefcase.
- Leave enough space for your laptop if you are taking one. Keep your laptop charger and power cables safely inside your bag.
- Keep a digital camera in your briefcase.
- Attach a label with your name, address and contact details inside all bags.
- Don’t keep cash, credit cards and bank cards in your briefcase.
- Pack an extra battery and outdoor adapters to recharge your mobile and laptop.
- Write out a schedule and work plan of your business trip and keep it with you.
Carry a travel first-aid box that contains basic medicines for fever, cold and cough, and band-aid. Carry multivitamin tablets in your first-aid box. Check important documents after the packing is over.